ARSAA PURPOSE & GOALS
The purpose of this organization shall be to provide (1) for the cooperation association of those persons engaged in college student personnel service and its administration; (2) for the promotion of state conferences to discuss the problems, progress, and possibilities of personnel services; (3) for the formulation and maintenance of professional standards among workers; (4) for the dissemination of the student personnel point of view among all educational workers; and (5) to provide programs, services, opportunities, leadership, and guidance to institutions of higher education within the State of Arkansas in developing programs which address state-wide needs.
- ArSAA will increase institutional and individual memberships.
- ArSAA will develop a directory of members to be placed in a members only section of the website.
- ArSAA will develop an organizational handbook.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- ArSAA program proposals will reflect ACPA professional competencies.
- ArSAA will design and implement an online, peer-reviewed journal - The Journal of Arkansas Student Affairs Association.
PROFESSIONAL AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- ArSAA will host a fall conference each year as the major function to the fall conference.
- ArSAA will host a New Professional Institute prior to the fall conference.
- ArSAA will sponsor/co-sponsor other professional development workshops.